If the education system fostered inner peace, compassion and non-violence, or the idea of doing no harm, students would learn how to achieve peace of mind. This is what is required if we are to fulfil the goal of a genuinely peaceful and demilitarized world.
Which leaves the question what is Sweden’s COVID Policy?
- Indoor public gatherings and events with more than 20 participants may only have a seated audience regardless of whether or not vaccination certificates are used. Without vaccination certificates, the size of groups is limited to a maximum of 8 people, with a distance of one metre between groups. There is an exemption for religious gatherings.
- Indoor public gatherings and events with more than 500 participants require vaccination certificates and the size of groups is limited to a maximum of 8 people, with a distance of one metre between groups. This means that indoor public gatherings and events with more than 500 participants cannot be organised without vaccination certificates.
- The requirements for eating and drinking establishments are that guests must be seated and that there is a distance of one metre between groups. This also applies for night clubs.
- The requirement for indoor trade fairs and shopping centres is that there must be at least 10 square metres per person.
- The requirement for indoor cultural and recreational activities, such as museums, art galleries and gyms, is that there must be at least 10 square metres per person, except for activities such as training, competitions, etc. intended for children and young people born in 2002 or later.
- Between 23 December 2021 and 16 January 2022, cultural, sport and recreation associations are advised not to organise or take part in camps, sports cups or other larger indoor activities that involve participants who do not normally meet. Individual activities, matches and one-day competitions such as league matches or the equivalent may be conducted. This advice does not apply to professional sport.
- General advice on working from home will be reintroduced.
- Infection control measures are recommended for adult education in order to avoid crowding and large gatherings. The general rule is for education to be conducted on an in-person basis, but higher education institutions may use distance learning as a tool to prevent crowding at teaching premises.
Like most governments Sweden is staying on the side of caution