Want to tour Pittsburgh with your fellow furs at #Anthrocon? Join our Fursuit-friendly Cruises! The June 30th cruise has 100 tickets left. Don’t wait any longer and grab your tickets on our website!
LINK Friday is currently sold out, but Thursday is still open and for $19.99 something you can’t pass by
Yes even though Anthrcon 2022 is more than 8 months away Registration is now OPEN
In addition to
- Our wonderful Supersponsor Luncheon on Saturday with the Guests of Honor
- Guaranteed placement within the first two rows at the Fursuit Parade Photo or Reserved Special Seating during the parade
- Special Ultrasponsor Acrylic Badge (with special customization if you register by March 1st)
- Free access to the Fursuit Friendly Cruises (if cruises are available)
- Expedited elevator line privileges in the Westin Hotel
- Sunday Ultrasponsor Brunch
But we can’t overlook there COVID Policy
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Anthrocon has adopted the following rules for all staff and attendees. These are being put in place to promote the safety and well-being of everyone onsite. Note that these rules are subject to change as new developments occur in the fight against the pandemic. We will continue to monitor the situation and will amend and/or revise these rules as necessary in accordance with state and local health authority guidelines and with industry best practices.
- Anyone who wishes to attend Anthrocon and is a member of an age group for which such vaccines are approved must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 before being permitted entry. Such proof must demonstrate that the requisite number of doses of a US Government approved vaccine have been administered to the attendee at least two weeks prior to receiving an attendance badge.
- All persons, regardless of age or vaccination status, must wear a suitable mask at all times when in public areas of the convention center or of any hotel. A suitable mask is one that fully covers an individual’s nose and mouth, and is of a type consistent with CDC guidance. This means the face mask should help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the face mask coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice.
- No exceptions will be made.
In an article recently posted by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette
Anthrocon, the convention featuring people dressed in anthropomorphic fursuits, is planning its in-person return to the Steel City in 2022.
According to a listing at the the David L. Lawrence Convention Center’s website, the gathering is being planned next summer from July 1-3.
“We are looking forward to Anthrocon’s return in 2022 and are excitedly anticipating seeing everyone in person and making the return of Anthrocon 2022 the best Anthrocon ever,” Anthrocon organizers said.
An attending membership allows a member access to the event for its duration (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), food and drink at the event, and any publications at the event.
You also get 2 free seed tickets for the charity auction!
Generosity is appreciated! Sponsors help us provide even more services and activities for our membership. A sponsor gets the full privileges of an attending membership, as well as the following:
- An awesome Sponsor ribbon
- A special, collectible WPAFW cup
- Expedited badge pickup on site
- An extra 2 seed tickets!
- Access to our Beer and Cider Bar on site (must be over 21)
You are incredibly generous! We will lavish you with gifts, praise, and thanks! A Super Sponsor(!) gets the full privileges of a Sponsor membership as well as the following:
- An extra special and customized WPAFW gift!
- ANOTHER extra 2 seed tickets!
- A craft brewed cider flight including a paddle branded by a Das creation!
- AND a special event (and keepsake) just for Super-Sponsors with the Guests of Honor!
A few weeks ago Uncle Kage warned of crooked dealers and of how Anthrocon was looking for solutions. The sad fact is that cons have always had their issues with crooks. There are a few that happened at MFF I know about. This is why it is so important when a commission goes wrong, report it to the con ASAP
Furgether is looking for Panel submissions
Do you want to organize a panel at Furgether? You have an idea for an awesome activity at the convention? Please share it with us. The open call for panels and activities starts now. https://www.furgether.at/en/panel/
Anthrocon Online Starts Today 12 Noon ET
Anthrocon Programming relies on you the attendees. Each year we take panel suggestions from attendees in the hopes to build an event that you all will enjoy to the fullest.
If you’re looking to join a BREAKOUT panel, click on the panel name in the schedule below and use the video call link to join the Google Meet room.
You can find the full schedule here as well as the Livestream
Hopefully this upcoming Anthrocon which will be a VR event (see below) will be the last and In Person sooner then we know will happen.
For those of you waiting to join in on the virtual reality fun, we have good news! The VR portion of our convention will be held online in Neos this year! We have two worlds for you to browse and watch the events in. Our main events room is a recreation of the spirit of Pittsburgh Ballroom where we would normally hold the main events and dances. You can watch the stream, hang out with friends, and even chill in the headless lounge.
We also will be hosting the Virtual Reality Dealer’s Room, or VRDR. There, you can browse the booths of over a hundred artists and dealers as well as watch the 24/7 artist alley multistream. More info on how to join that as an artist will be coming soon. You do not need a headset or even a powerful computer to join in on the fun, but a free Steam account is required.
Anthrocon announces this year’s charity
Den Fur announces Guest of Honor Foxene Starr, Ritz Tweeting
Wild North furcon to Hold Virtual Con
Ahoy there fluff tails!
Me and the crew have been plotting and scheming over many a bottle o’ Fentimans
We have come to the decision that we do not wish to put any land lubbers in peril this year by accepting crew mates in person.
Fear not though mateys! Like last year we shall bring you fun and adventure once again through a Virtual Voyage on Twitch Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd of October!
Keep a weather eye out for further announcements from the crew on what our plans are, and how you can be involved.
Until then me hearties, batten down the hatches and shanty to ya hearts’ content!
~ Captain Twizell and the Wild North Crew