At this time Megaplex 2021 is still expected to happen in person and registration will be opening May 1st at Noon EDT. The Megaplex Executive Leadership and the Florida United Furry Fandom Inc., Megaplex’s parent company, Board of Directors continue to closely monitor the pandemic. As the situation changes Megaplex will continue to update safety policies and procedures as well as attendee safety requirements.
First and foremost, We strongly recommend all staff and attendees be vaccinated against Covid-19 if posssible. If you do not feel comfortable attending in person please stay home. It is up to each individual to make the decision for themselves. Please stay informed.
Above all else, regardless of vaccination status, if you feel sick before arriving at the convention DO NOT ATTEND. Badges originally purchased for 2020 or for 2021 will be automatically transferred to 2022 if not picked up. Should you begin showing any symptoms common with Covid-19 while at the convention we ask that you DO NOT enter con space. Please immediately quarantine and seek medical attention.
In order to provide as safe of an environment to meet in person as we can Megaplex will be:
- Limiting attendance to 2500 attendees. This is less than 1/2 of originally planned at contract signing.
- Limiting registration to online Pre-Registration only.
- Enforcing Social Distancing.
- Spacing chairs in main events into pods of 4-6 chairs separated by 6ft. Chairs will also be spaced back from the stage to allow performers to perform without a mask.
- Seating will be reduced and spaced in panel rooms in accordance with local, state and federal requirements.
- Those dancing at the nightly dances will be permitted to dance in pods of up to 4 people which must be separated by at least 6 ft.
- Requiring all attendees to wear a CDC approved mask unless actively eating or drinking in approved areas. Fursuiters will be required to have their mouth and nose covered while in fursuit. At minimum this must be a balaclava, which is something already commonly worn by fursuiters.
- Staff, in conjunction with the hotel, will be conducting enhanced cleaning efforts.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout convention space.
- Head trees and dryers will be removed from the headless lounge. The fans will remain in the room for circulation purposes only and may not be used to dry heads on. Sanitizing products will be made available for fursuiters to sanitize their heads/suits while in this room. Face covering must be worn at all times while not actively drinking water.
Additionally, some common programming may be modified or removed to increase the safety of our attendees. Attendees should expect that there will be no in person Game Room or Furshoot space. There will also be no fursuit photo however we are still working the details on conducting the fursuit parade and dessert social safely.
Attendees should note that the safety policies and procedures listed are based off the current restrictions and guidelines from the hotel as well as local and federal agencies. As guidance changes Megaplex’s policies may change as well. We will do our best to keep attendees informed of these changes as they occur.